My inner thoughts

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Mr. competitive… you can call me that sometimes. In fact, I don’t think there is any sport or game that I don’t play to win. If I suck at that game, I still give it all I got. I don’t get people who play games just purely for fun, even if it means tossing the game. I mean of course when I play games, I play for fun as well but the ‘fun’ in the game comes from winning or playing my hardest, ie playing to win I guess. I can’t see their point of view ay. I mean I really cannot see how they find it fun to play half-heartedly. Hmm actually playing with friends is quite satisfying as well, when you see the smile on their faces when they win etc. So maybe there is another way to play games…but that’s not my point. So actually my quote “I play to win, so what do you play? Play to lose?” was not an arrogant statement, but a puzzled one just because I didn’t understand how to play without winning. I think its just me, its just my nature to be super competitive, and sometimes other people don’t get me either…

Haha I remember the good old times, even in primary school I was ‘this’ competitive. In standard 1, I remember 3 of us having this who can write faster competition. I can say that the bump on the side my middle finger came from that. Then there were other competitions where my whole class (ie all my friends as my whole class was filled with students who skipped a year, so I practically knew everyone) would be given like 5 pages of maths to do. And we always have a race to see who can finish fastest while making the least mistakes. I was pretty quick…but was very careless as well. Oh and even this was evident in exams, we always went into an exam to see who will get the higher mark… while finishing the exam the fastest. So every time someone finished, you can hear this big ‘ahhhhh!’ or maybe a bang on the table, or ‘drop your pencil on the table so loudly that everyone could hear’. To be honest, I was pretty quick doing those tests, but my marks were in the middle of my group of friends. We did this during maths as well, our group of friends always finish the homework we were given in class cause as soon as we could start doing, we did it (as fast as we could).

Then we played invaders, oh my favourite game at that time. I look forward to extra classes because of that, and also all the stupid competitions we have in that class. It was always before extra class (to catch up on standard 4 work because…we skipped that year =P) where all of us used the whole school as the boundary and played invaders. Think of it as tag sort of, but when your tagged, then you are ‘converted’ to the other team. The game ends when everyone was tagged. So it usually starts off slowly, but as soon as someone got tagged, then it finishes very quickly. During those times there was a type of hierarchy, everyone knew that Han Yang (he was one of the 2 that was in my class since standard 1) was the fastest, so he is usually the last to be chased. I was the top 3 fastest I can say proudly, but I couldn’t run as fast as he did although I kept trying every time he chased me or I chased him.

Magic the gathering! Man those were the days. I didn’t have a deck so I borrowed other people’s deck. I remember how we used to have these massive tournaments in class and we even have rankings going. HaHa ohh I remember the Magic vs Mech warrior game! That has got to be the funniest game I saw. 1stly because Mech warriors have life points in the thousands and magic have creatures with attack and life of up to 10 usually(there are some exceptions). And to beat a mech warrior deck, you got to make the opponent deck out, while magic, you only have 20 life. So imagine how we changed the rules so we could make the game work. I proudly say that Magic won that day =) Good times, good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home