My inner thoughts

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Continued…

I actually learnt the guitar at Kuratau. So hey, so not the whole ‘Kuratau experience’ was about booze and partying. Steve taught me how to play the chords for Oasis – Live forever. Then other songs that I could play with a limited ability to are Greenday – Wake me up when September ends, stand by me, smoke on water by deep purple and nothing else matters by Metalica (3 of them taught by John).

Oh living in a house with cricket mad people does have an influence on you. Since I am a sports mad person, sooner than later I began to enjoy watching a bit of cricket on TV. Although, I still don’t find cricket a sport that I can watch for hours. I can do that with basketball though =)

The locals at Kuratau are a bunch of friendly people. I didn’t really meet a whole lot of them but at new years, when we walked past them, they all wished us a happy new year and waved at us. Also they seem to have a thing for lowered, bouncy cars with crappy horns. The lancer guys in particular. Haha they were a total crack up and we always mocked them when they drove past. I am sure you can get a concussion by just sitting in that car or even a bruised brain. Then there were their friends, who owned this car with a crappy sounding horn that sounded so bad it was funny. Oh I remembered, the lancer guys did stop by at our place 1 night to ask us to come to a party up the street. None of us turned up to the party but boy I’m sure we missed a lot =P

The security… ooo we mocked them as well. On the 3rd or 4th day when we were playing cricket, they came up to us, in fact to Steve and told him that there was an alcohol ban. He gave us a warning and told us to put away all our booze. After that day, every time we see the security van drive past, we always wave at them. JJ even got a photo of the security guys.

Other highlights include:
Matt thrown into the paddling pool by Steve and Cam. In doing so, they almost pulled his pants right off. That was such a funny sight.

Mad wrestling matches. I had a wrestle with Steve, once just one on one, another I was double teamed by him and Cam. (My support ditched me that night). I had about 2 wrestles with Chris, cracked my neck during 1 of those ones. Then the major one with Cam, which started as ‘playfighting’ and ended up into quite a serious fight. A foot to the throat and a kick to the head later, the fight stopped. Gosh, it must be testosterone.

Shaving cream paranoia. Sleepless nights for some, but I wasn’t that worried. Although I did take some precautions, such as sleeping on the other side of the bed. Dom, Nick and Cam got creamed while sleeping. We almost got Jenna, Nick got his brother and Chris ended up with a face full of cream. Even Steve’s car got creamed. No one was safe….

Weather was perfect, you couldn’t ask for better weather that week. It rained when we got there and when we left. In between, it was sunny the whole time. This though caused some massive sunburns. Everyone had a hardout tan line after a day out biscuiting or waterskiing. Ellen and Sarah were probably the worst sunburned out of all of us. Sarah even got blisters on her lips… ouch

Other notable quotes: “This is my disgusted face”, “I don’t eat this shit” , “I play to win, so what do you play to? Play to lose?”

Here ends my summary of ‘New years at Kuratau 2005-06’. Feel free to add anything that you guys remembered that I forgot on the forums =). Good times, good times…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home